Clerk of Courts | Cherokee County, GA - Where Metro Meets the Mountains
Magistrate E-File
Clerk of Courts

To start the process of filing a small claims case, you must first fill out a Statement of Claim Form. On this form, enter the name and address of the person or corporation you are suing, state the exact amount of money you are suing for and explain why you are suing. You may represent yourself, act as an agent for your corporation, or you may sue on behalf of a minor should you be the guardian. However, you cannot represent someone else if you are not an attorney. In addition, you must put your name, mailing address and telephone number on the claim form. You may also elect to put your email address on the form for electronic notices. This is important because the Clerk of Court will use this address to send you notice of the date and time for a Magistrate Judge hearing. Your case may be dismissed if the Court cannot locate you. Remember, you must sue a corporation in the county where it is doing business or where it is incorporated. You may also sue a corporation in the county where the registered agent is located (The registered agent is the party that should be served for the corporation).


Statement of claim-Complaint

Answer Form

Entry of Appearance

Request Form

Dismissal Form


When you are ready to efile Efile-GA

Website Administration | County Email | Privacy | Terms and Conditions | ADA Compliance | Human Trafficking Notice | © Cherokee County Board of Commissioners | Powered By: Site Builder