Notary Public|How Can I Renew?Back to Notary Public
HOW CAN I RENEW MY COMMISSION BEFORE IT EXPIRES?
- Complete an on-line application at: Notary Online Application
- Present the Notary Public Commission application in person to the Cherokee County Superior Court’s office along with verification of your Cherokee County residency (i.e., valid driver’s license with current Cherokee County address of State of Georgia ID card with Cherokee County address).
- Renewal applications may be submitted thirty (30) days prior to your expiration date, but must be received before your commission expires. Renewal applications are valid only for those holding a current unexpired appointment from Cherokee County.
- The fee for renewal is $42.00. Applicants who apply in person may pay by personal check, business check, money order, credit card or debit card.
RENEWAL BY MAIL
If you prefer to mail in your renewal application, please follow the instructions below. Renewal applications may be submitted thirty (30) days prior to your expiration date, but must be received before your commission expires. Renewal applications are valid only for those holding a current unexpired appointment from Cherokee County.
- Please print or type the information (except signatures) on the Renewal Application (Click on link.) One (1) copy is required.
- Applicant shall complete the application and sign before a Notary Public. Notary Public will then sign and affix their seal.
- Print four (4) copies of the Certificate of Appointment. Only sign on the line entitled, “Notary’s signature”. The Clerk’s office will complete the top section of the form. Return four (4) original copies of the signed Certificate of Appointment with your application.
- Enclose your check or money order in the sum of $42.00 payable to the Clerk of Cherokee Superior Court.
- Mail one (1) completed Renewal Application, four (4) signed Certificates of Appointment, and $42.00 fee to:
Clerk, Cherokee Superior Court
Attn: Notary Division
90 North Street
Canton, GA 30114
If you have questions regarding this process, please call the notary division at 678.493.6523