Notary Public|How Do I Apply?Back to Notary Public
How do I apply?
1. You must complete an on-line application for Notary Public Commission. To complete a copy of the application for Notary Public, click here: Online application
2. Fill out the form completely, including any criminal convictions (with the exception of driving offenses) you have had. Your signature on the application must be notarized. If you do not know a notary that can assist you, wait and sign when you arrive at the Clerk’s office. One of the employees will gladly notarize your signature.
3. Have two other residents of Cherokee County who are not related to you and 18 years or older, fill out the endorsement sections of the application attesting to your good character.
4. Present the notary public commission application in person within fourteen (14) days of application to the Cherokee County Clerk of Superior Court’s office along with verification of your Cherokee County residency (i.e. Georgia driver’s license with Cherokee County address and State of Georgia ID card with Cherokee County address.)
5. The fee is $42.00. Forms of payment accepted: cash, check or money order payable to Clerk of Superior Court or you may pay with your credit or debit card.