GIS | Cherokee County, GA - Where Metro Meets the Mountains

I'm a developer and need to get addresses for my new subdivision. What steps do I take?

Submit your construction plans to the Development Services Center. Addresses are provided as part of the development plan and will be returned to you on the day of your Technical Review Session. Alternatively, you may submit a preliminary plan in digital format (pdf or AutoCAD dwg file) to Cherokee County GIS and we will happily provide you with a markup prior to your first submittal to the County.

I am a developer and I need to assign unit numbers to my new apartment buildings. What should I do?

Read the following document regarding the numbering policy standards approved for use by Cherokee County GIS.

Apartment Numbers


Our subdivision pool has a dedicated 911 number. How does this get distributed?

Contact the Addressing Coordinator at Cherokee County GIS and provide the following information:

         1. Subdivision Name

         2. Physical Address of Pool

         3. Pool Telephone Number

         4. Nearest Cross Street for Reference


The Addressing Coordinator will report the information provided to the phone company through a secure online portal.

The phone company will update the MSAG and ANI/ALI system with the new information usually within 48 hours.


Still have an addressing question? Call us at 678.493.6050 Monday through Friday 8am to 5pm.

We are here to serve you!

Website Administration | County Email | Privacy | Terms and Conditions | ADA Compliance | Human Trafficking Notice | © Cherokee County Board of Commissioners | Powered By: Site Builder