Traffic Prosecution Unit
The Solicitor’s Traffic Unit prosecutes all misdemeanor traffic offenses cited by the Cherokee County Sheriff’s Office, as well as cases from the Georgia State Patrol which occur not within the jurisdiction of Canton, Ball Ground, Holly Springs and Woodstock Municipal Courts.
Municipal traffic cases that are bound over to State Court are prosecuted along with other non-traffic related misdemeanor cases and are not part of the Traffic Court Program.
Contacting the Office of the Solicitor General about Traffic Citations
- The Solicitor’s Office cannot speak with defendants prior to arraignment
- Defendants must appear before the court and be advised of their rights by the Judge
- At arraignment defendants may request a Pre-Trial Conference and speak to a Solicitor
- Please bring with you to court any documentation you feel may help resolve the case
Rescheduling Court Dates
- The Solicitor’s Office cannot assign new court dates nor give permission to come late to court.
-Only at the Judges’ discretion may the Clerk of Court issue a new court dates.
Links and Information:
Emergency Situations or if you see an impaired driver 911
Cherokee County State Clerk of Court 770.493.6511