Special Events Permit
- Wholly or partially on property owned or maintained by the County
- On a street or sidewalk located within the County and will likely result in the obstruction of such streets or sidewalks or will likely compromise the ability of the County to respond to a public safety emergency
- On any other property, but requires for its successful execution the provision and the coordination of the County services to a degree over and above that which the County routinely provides.
- An activity held solely on private property and which does not otherwise require for its successful execution the provision and coordination of the County services to a degree equal to and/or over and above that which the County routinely provides
- Programmed activities provided or managed by the County, i.e. recreational and senior center programs
- Any event that would otherwise fall within the definition or a special event held in a County Park and does not interfere with the regular use of the park by the general public
- First Amendment Activity on County streets or sidewalks (including those in parks) that will not likely result in the obstruction of the County streets or sidewalks nor compromise the ability of the County to respond to a public safety emergency; or
- Permitting of sports fields, sports facilities or park shelters, recreation or senior centers. Please contact Cherokee Recreation and Parks Agency for information about the use of the many parks available in Cherokee County. Visit their web site or call (770) 924-7768.
A detailed plan/layout of the event area, including locations of all tables, chairs, tents, stages, etc.
Plans for parking facilities
Sanitation plans ( provisions for the collection of all trash and debris related to the special event)
Copies of related permits, certifications and State licenses
Map of the race/parade route
A certificate of insurance (General liability insurance - comprehensive form, covering bodily Injury, including death, personal injury and property damage, with limits of not less than $1,000,000 combined single limit (CSL) per occurrence and including Cherokee County Georgia as an additional insured party. The certificate of insurance must be submitted to the Development Service Center no less than fourteen (14) days prior to the event. The insurance agency must be licensed in the State of Georgia