I Need To...
Tax Payers
Court System
Contact Us


Click through to find:

  • A helpful arrangement of frequently used Cherokee County online resources
  • Commonly requested forms and documents for a variety of departments and agencies
  • Links to other sites and services often used by our residents


Click through to find:

  • Links to every department and agency under the jurisdiction of the Cherokee County Board of Commissioners
  • Contact information for departments with the name of the department/agency head
  • Links to common agencies not under the jurisdiction of the BOC, but which maintains close ties with us


Click through to find:

  • Information about and links to both the Tax Commissioner and Tax Assessor's Office. (They are very different organizations)
  • Quick links to both the Paying your Taxes online and the Real Estate Search applications.
  • Information about Homestead Exemptions
  • Information about Property Taxes, Millage Rates, and Car Tags


Click through to find:

  • A page listing every judicial and court system in Cherokee County with a brief introduction to what they cover
  • Quick links to Jury Duty Information, Traffic Citation Payments, Court Calendars, Deeds and Records Search, Passport Information, and a lot more


Click through to find:

  • Ways to contact the Cherokee County Board of Commissioners, Department and Agency Heads, and State Agencies and Offices
  • Directions to all County Facilities
  • Quick Link to Finding Your Commissioner
× Home I Need To... Departments Tax Payers Court System Contact Us

Clerk of Courts

Patty Baker
Clerk of Superior, State, Juvenile and Magistrate Court

Back to Clerk of Courts

Forms and Documents

Contact Department

Send Us An Email

Passport Information|Minor Under Age Of 16

Back to Passport Information

Passports for Minors Under 16 (minors under 16 can NOT use the renewal form)

Quick Facts

Who Needs One:

Every minor regardless of age traveling overseas must have a valid passport

Valid For:

5 years

Submission Method:

Passport applications for minors under age 16 must be submitted in person at a passport agency or authorized passport application acceptance facility. The minor must be present. Both parents or guardians should appear with the minor. If both parents/guardians cannot be present, see parental consent for additional document requirements.


What you need to apply for a minor's passport

  1. Evidence of U.S. Citizenship
  2. Photo Identification
  3. Parental Consent
  4. Passport Photo
  5. Application Forms
  6. Passport Fees

1. Evidence of U.S. Citizenship

You must submit one of the following original certified documents as primary evidence of U.S. citizenship for your child (photocopies are not acceptable):

If your child was born in the United States and cannot obtain a certified birth certificate that meets all the requirements listed above, you will need to submit a combination of documents as secondary evidence of U.S. citizenship, such as:

If your child has never had a birth certificate filed, see required documents.

If your child has previously been issued a passport or Consular Report of Birth Abroad, and it is not available to submit with your application, you may request a file search.

If your child was born outside the United States and has U.S. citizenship by birth to one or more U.S. citizen parents, or derived U.S. citizenship through the naturalization of parents, and does not have a Certificate of Citizenship, see required documents.

Cherokee County, Georgia "Where Metro Meets the Mountains" | © Cherokee County Board of Commissioners