I Need To...
Tax Payers
Court System
Contact Us


Click through to find:

  • A helpful arrangement of frequently used Cherokee County online resources
  • Commonly requested forms and documents for a variety of departments and agencies
  • Links to other sites and services often used by our residents


Click through to find:

  • Links to every department and agency under the jurisdiction of the Cherokee County Board of Commissioners
  • Contact information for departments with the name of the department/agency head
  • Links to common agencies not under the jurisdiction of the BOC, but which maintains close ties with us


Click through to find:

  • Information about and links to both the Tax Commissioner and Tax Assessor's Office. (They are very different organizations)
  • Quick links to both the Paying your Taxes online and the Real Estate Search applications.
  • Information about Homestead Exemptions
  • Information about Property Taxes, Millage Rates, and Car Tags


Click through to find:

  • A page listing every judicial and court system in Cherokee County with a brief introduction to what they cover
  • Quick links to Jury Duty Information, Traffic Citation Payments, Court Calendars, Deeds and Records Search, Passport Information, and a lot more


Click through to find:

  • Ways to contact the Cherokee County Board of Commissioners, Department and Agency Heads, and State Agencies and Offices
  • Directions to all County Facilities
  • Quick Link to Finding Your Commissioner
× Home I Need To... Departments Tax Payers Court System Contact Us


Addressing|Commercial Addresses

Back to Addressing

Frequently Asked Questions about Commercial Addresses

How do I get an address for my business/cell tower/electrical meter/etc?:

Call Cherokee County GIS to request an application form or download it from the Forms & Documents link

Provide a copy of your parcel's survey, or a tax map with the parcel highlighted.  You can make your own custom map here.   For commercial structures, submit a building plan. 

You can email the application to us, fax it to 678.550.0017 or mail it to Cherokee County GIS Department 1130 Bluffs Pkwy Canton, GA 30114.

The GIS staff will assign an appropriate street number for your property. Please allow 3 business days for processing.  

Cherokee County GIS will email, fax, or mail your completed application form back to you with your new address, please specify your preferred method.

How do I change an address?

If your address is out of sequence for your road, or building plans change the access to your property, call Cherokee County GIS at 678.493.6050 or email us. A readdressing application will be processed for you and all appropriate county agencies will be notified on your behalf.

I need to have the County verify my existing address for my mortgage company or cable service. What do I do?

Call Cherokee County GIS at 678.493.6050. Provide your address, and have your last tax bill handy to provide your parcel's tax number. A letter of verification will be generated and emailed, faxed, or mailed to you within one week of your request.

My Commercial Building needs suite numbers. How do I get them assigned?

Cherokee County GIS understands that it is sometimes difficult to predict how many suites will be included in a completed building. In order to ease the process, Cherokee County provides guidelines for you to assign your suite numbers based on your final build out.

This system was implemented in order to simplify and expedite the delivery of civic services like Emergency Response and Postal Delivery. It is highly recommended that you follow the guidelines laid out in the following documents and ensure that all suite numbers have a high level of visibility from the front of your building.

Cherokee County Suite Number Addressing Guidelines 2009

Hey none of that stuff applies to me!  What do I do?

If you are unsure of whether or not you need an E911 address, or if you have any questions or concerns, contact Cherokee County GIS Department at 678.493.6050 and we will assist you.

Cherokee County, Georgia "Where Metro Meets the Mountains" | © Cherokee County Board of Commissioners