* Taken from and more at https://support.google.com/websearch/answer/2466433
- Search for an exact match : Put a word or phrase inside quotes. For example, "tallest building"
- Search for wildcards : Put a * in your word or phrase where you want to leave a placeholder. For example, "largest * in the world"
- Exclude words from your search : Put - in front of a word you want to leave out. For example, jaguar speed -car
News and Announcements
2024 Grant Applications are now Closed
2024 Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Application Announcement
Cherokee County's 2024 application process for funding under the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program an
Posted: Jun-10-2021 | view story
Minor Home Repair Program
Cherokee County Community Development Agency has federal grant funds for its Minor Home Repair Program for low-moderate income senior, veteran or disabled homeowners. For Program details, click Posted: Mar-06-2018 | view story
Home Repair Program
Cherokee County has limited funds available to assist with minor home repairs/emergency home repairs to qualified homeowners. The funds may be used to fix dangerous health and safety issues that are in violation of current Cherokee County code standards. The funds are a grant and not a loan. The County has partnered with Habitat for Humanity to administer the program, and the following criteria must be met:
- The applicant must own and live in the home; manufactured home must be on a permanent foundation.
- The applicant must be 55+ years old.
- Family income must not be more than the maximum allowed (60% of median household income). Exceptions to the limits require the County Manager's approval.
- The home must need repairs which would address HUD code deficiencies. Eligible repairs (but not an all-inclusive list) include:
- leaky roof;
- plumbing problems;
- electrical problems;
- handicap accessibility; and
- flooring/carpet if there is a safety issue.
- General property improvements and maintenance are not allowed
- exterior/interior painting;
- gutter cleaning;
- additions or upgrades;
- tree removal;
- landscaping; and
- weatherization / insulation / caulking.
THE GRANT WITH A 5-YEAR RESTRICTION:
- For low-to-moderate income homeowners;
- The amount of the total cost of repairs cannot exceed $15,000; and
- The homeowner must sign an agreement to remain in the home for 5 years.
Habitat for Humanity will conduct a site visit with inspection and administer the application. Please contact the Cherokee County CDBG Program Office to learn further about the program and to submit your name for consideration.
Cherokee County Board of Commissioners
Cherokee County CDBG Program Office
1130 Bluffs Parkway
Canton, GA 30114
Attention: Jessica Golden
(678) 493-4096, phone
(678) 493-6035, fax
WHERE METRO MEETS THE MOUNTAINS
Cherokee County, Georgia "Where Metro Meets the Mountains" | © Cherokee County Board of Commissioners