ITS Agency Director/CIO
Send Us An Email
Dedicated to improve operational efficiencies through high quality, secure, innovative, and cost-efficient technology solutions to the agencies and departments of the County. In support of this mission, we will:
- Partner with the Departments and Agencies to understand their unique information technology needs.
- Provide guidance for the effective and strategic use of emerging technologies to support the various agency’s objectives while ensuring safeguards are in place to protect the County.
- Demonstrate technical and operational excellence through a commitment to professionalism and continuous improvement.
- Ensure that IT best practices are being followed.
- Technology solutions must add value, be cost-effective and improve efficiency. Access to information must be easily available and implement information sharing as appropriate across the county balancing the need to minimize risk with providing transparency.
- Implement proven technologies for critical systems. Infrastructure is the center of all operations and must be secure, reliable, and disaster resilient.
- Invest in training with technology changes to ensure technology is supported and proficiently maintained.
Agency Functions Overview
Client Support Operations
Responsible for acquiring, deploying, and supporting desktop systems. The effective selection, implementation, and management of the county’s computer assets are critical in maintaining a productivity, service delivery, and efficient business processes.
- End-user Desktop Support
- Desktop Acquisition
- Asset Tracking
Application Business Services
Responsible for working closely with agencies and departments in acquiring, deploying, and maintaining high quality, cost-effective application systems.
- Business Process Analysis
- Business Intelligence & Reporting
- Database Administration
- Web Development
Responsible for implementing and supporting redundant, fault-tolerant infrastructure using industry best practices to maintain a reliable and secure network infrastructure, telecommunications, servers and enterprise storage solutions.
- Network Services
- Security Services
- Telecommunications Services
- System and Storage Administration (including county wide email)
Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
Provides quality development and maintenance of geospatial services that include custom tools, models, and maps. GIS provides a centralized map foundation that is integrated into multiple county applications used by E-911, Sheriff, Fire, Community Development, Tax Assessor, and others.
- Geospatial Data Analysis
- Mapping Support Services
- County Addressing Administration