Countywide Demand Response Service
CATS IS CLOSED 11/10/2023 FOR VETERANS DAY
All forms and documents are available in alternate formats (i.e.CD, Braille, Large Print, Audiotapes, competent oral interpretation or Email) by calling 770.345.6238
Cherokee Area Transportation System / CATS is proud to provide countywide transportation services for all residents of the County.
Transportation Service is provided to many popular destinations in Cherokee County, however, we do not travel outside the county.
- Northside - Cherokee Hospital
- Highland Rivers
- Local medical facilities in Woodstock and Canton
- Area nursing homes
- Major shopping destinations
- Employment sites
FARES - vary based on the proximity of the trip
- General Public: $2.00 per trip for the first 5 miles and an additional $1.00 over 5 miles
- Seniors (60+);Veterans;Medicare, Medicaid; Children 16 & older: $1.00 per trip for the first 5 miles and an additional $1.00 over 5 miles
- Children 15 and under FREE
- Payment is due when boarding
- Cash or check - We accept debit or credit cards over the phone. If paying cash, must have the correct amount. Drivers do not carry change.
Reservations must be made in advance – Many dates book up early, so call as soon as possible to schedule your transportation. Service is available from 8:00 AM until 4:00 PM - Monday through Friday only. No Weekend Service.
The following guidelines have been established to ensure all passengers have a safe and convenient ride.
Please follow these guidelines as you use the transit buses.
- Passengers under 15 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
- We don't transport bicycles
- Passengers are not allowed to eat or drink on the buses.
- The use of tobacco products is not allowed on the buses.
- Carry-on items must be limited to small sizes that can be carried onto the bus by the passenger in one trip.
- All items must be kept secured and out of the bus aisles.
- No vandalism of bus property. Please report all incidents of vandalism to the transit office.
- SEAT BELTS ARE REQUIRED. All passengers must be seated, and remain seated, while the bus is in motion.
- Service animals are only allowed on the buses.
- New Year's Day
- Martin Luther King Birthday - 3rd Monday in January
- Memorial Day - Last Monday of May
- Independence Day - July 4
- Labor Day - 1st Monday in September
- Veteran's Day
- Thanksgiving Day - 4th Thursday of November
- Day After Thanksgiving - 4th Friday of November
- Christmas Eve, Christmas Day & Day After Christmas