Passport Information|First Time ApplicantBack to Passport Information
First Time Applicants
You Must Apply in Person If:
- You are applying for your first U.S. passport; or
- You are under age 16; or
- Your previous U.S. passport was issued when you were under age 16; or
- Your previous U.S. passport was lost, stolen, or damaged; or
- Your previous U.S. passport was issued more than 15 years ago; or
Your name has changed since your U.S. passport was issued and you are unable to legally document your name change.
Please note that you:
- Must not sign the application until instructed to do so by the Acceptance Agent.
- Must provide your Social Security Number in accordance with 26 U.S.C. 6039E. Failure to provide information requested on the form, including your social security number, may result in significant processing delays and/or the denial of your application.
NOTE: There are special submission requirements for All Minors Under Age 16.
3. Submit Evidence of U.S. Citizenship
When applying for a U.S. passport in person, evidence of U.S. citizenship must be submitted with Form DS-11. All documentation submitted as citizenship evidence will be returned to you. These documents will be delivered with your newly issued U.S. passport or in a separate mailing.
|Primary Evidence of U.S. Citizenship (One of the following):|