Benefits|Life and ADD CoverageBack to Benefits
Life and AD&D provided by Prudential
Customer Service Number: 800.524.0542
Cherokee County pays 100% of the following benefits for all full-time employees.
With Prudential Group Term Life Insurance, your family will be protected with benefits and a variety of support services designed to help them cope with both emotional and financial issues. It can help you preserve your dream of a secure lifestyle for your family, even if you can’t be there.
Life Insurance Benefit:
Life Insurance Benefit: 1 times your Basic Annual Earnings (rounded to the next highest $1,000) with a minimum amount of $25,000.
Once you reach age 65, your benefits will automatically reduce to 75% and at age 70, it will reduce to 60%.
- Accelerated Benefit
Accidental Death And Dismemberment (AD&D) Benefit:
Accidental Death Benefit: If death is as a result of an accident, the Beneficiary will receive an additional amount equal to your Life Insurance in force. If employee is dismembered (such as loss of sight in an eye, loss of a hand, foot, limb, hearing, speech, etc.), benefits will be paid to the employee as a percentage of the basic life amount.
Once you reach age 65, your benefits will automatically reduce to 65% and at age 70, it will reduce to 50%.
- Repatriation Benefit - Pays an additional benefit of up to $5,000 if you die in an accident.
- Seatbelt Benefit - Pays an additional 10% of the full amount of your accidental death and dismemberment insurance benefit, to a maximum of $25,000 if you die in an accident while wearing a seatbelt
- Airbag Benefit - Pays an additional 5% of the full amount of your accidental death and dismemberment insurance benefit, to a maximum of of $5,000 if you die in an accident while protected by an airbag.
- Education Benefit - Pays an additional benefit of 6% of the full amount of the employee's AD&D insurance to a maximum of $6,000 per year, if you die in an accident and have children in college or enrolled to attend.
- Portability - Allows employees and their dependents to continue their coverage after they terminate or reduce their hours. Portability is not offered to the insured who have a sickness or injury under the terms of the plan.
*See detailed summary plan descriptions for complete benefit information.